Chronic lung infection, diabetes. Taking azitus 500, high leucocytic count. Different medication?

my mother is 78. She is suffering from chronic lung infection for the last 2 months. She also suffering with Diabetes for nearly more than 2 decades. She already has taken Azitus 500 for more than 30 days under the medical supervision. Still the infection is there, She still has leucocytic count 0000. I am under doubt whether Azitus is working or it is the high time that doctor should change on other antibiotic . If yes which antibiotic at this juncture wiil be better to prescribe for my mother.
Asked On : Thu, 4 Oct 2012