Chronic lower lumber, mid thoracic back pain, spinal fusion procedure, on narcotic pain relievers, difficulty in urinating. Any alternatives to help urinate?

hello I have chronic lower lumber and mid thoracic back pain. I have been on many different medicines for this issue. I suffered an L2 compression fracture while driving convoys in Iraq; which eventually led to having a spinal fusion procedure of the L3/4 and L3/5 levels. Narcotic pain relievers are the only thing that allows me to live a semi-normal life. I think I have tried most of the opioid pain relievers, but every one of them from T3 to Fentanyl 100mcg has made it very difficult to urinate and they all make me really itchy, especially around my nose area. I am currently on Vicodin !0/500 and refuse to go to a stronger narcotic, I hate that I have to take them at all as it Is. Is there anything I can do or take to help me urinate without standing or sitting for what seems like forever to get any urine out at all. I am never able to fully empty my bladder and I do not think that is healthy. I drink plenty of fluids and walk for exercise daily, but deal with having to urinate constantly and never seem to fully release my bladder. Could you help me with some kind of remedy for this; preferably some kind of OTC supplement? I brought this issue up with my Primary Care Manager at the VA several times and she prescribed me oxybutynin, which does not help at all. I am a 31 year old disabled veteran and feel like I am 60-70yrs old....also my prostate is fine....its been checked a lot and it is healthy.
Asked On : Fri, 27 Jul 2012