Chronic lower back pain, MRI shows spondylotic protrusion. Doing exercises. What does MRI result mean?

I have chronic lower back pain on my right side just above buttocks limited to a very specific spot. Had X-rays & MRI. Findings were as follows: The dominant abnormality relates to the L2-3 level with a mixed spondylotic protrusion, broad in appearance but eccentric towards the right and contributing to right foraminal compromise and may abut the exiting right L2 nerve root . I have seen a neurosurgeon who sent me to a pain mgt clinic and an anesthesiologist has performed 2 epidurals and one steroid injection (he called the third injection a steroid injection as he injected into joint versus spine ). This was over a 4 month period. I have had no relief and have seen a chiropractor 20 times and have seen an acupuncturist 6 times to no avail. I take 15mg of Mobic daily as well. Although my pain is constant it is exacerbated by sitting for any length of time yet standing on my feet for any length of time hurts as well. I do lower back stretching exercises provided by my doctor every other day. I used to be extremely active but was told to limit gym time and walk instead. I bought great walking shoes; I have a Herman Miller desk chair and sit properly. My desk and computer are set as ergonomically correct as possible. I am female, 43 years old and have a young son that will be 5 in January. Most of my back pain has occurred in the last year. I eat well, weigh 117 pounds, and take glucosamine and a multi vitamin. I just had a physical on 09/14 and all bloodworm and tests have come back normal. My general GP that performed the physical also took a back X-ray and showed me where the problem is located and told me it did not look good but did not offer any suggestions other than continue Mobic. I know this is long but 2 questions: 1. Will you please describe the MRI results listed above in a common terminology? And 2. Do you have any suggestions as to next steps? Thank you in advance.
Asked On : Sat, 29 Sep 2012