Chronic left-sided hip pain, pain in groin. Tried hydro therapy. Cure?

Hi i am a 41 year old female and have had left sided hip pain for nearly 2 years it seems to be getting worse with movement. I am very stiff after sitting and when I walk it hurts in my groin when I sit down I then cant lift my leg as it is really stiff. I have had hyrdro therapy but this made it even stiffer I have been referred to a orthopod now and just waiting but no one is telling me what is wrong with me and how i can help myself. my hip pops and cracks all the time.
Asked On : Thu, 24 Jan 2013