Chronic knee pain, swelling and tightness behind the knee. Symptoms worse on alcohol consumption. Any suggestions?

I m a 24 year old female and have been having chronic knee pain since I was about 15. I didn t play any sportsand haven t injured them. I ve been to 2 orthopedists and both had no answers for me. The pain is moderate to severe and happens almost everyday, usually only one at a time but sometimes both. I ve noticed swelling and a tightness behind the knee, sometimes a creaking feeling and sound. My knee caps seem to float sometimes and i have to wiggle it back in place, they make a popping noise sometimes. I ve had a few occasions of them shaking and giving out when I bear weight on it. I don t know what brings it on, it is usually random. But I have noticed that alcohol and the weather seem to make it worse. Any answers or advice would be great.
Asked On : Sun, 31 Mar 2013