Chronic kidney disease. Suggested kidney transplant, dialysis. Precautions, pros and cons of transplant?

Hellow Sir, My father is a Chronic Kidney Disease Patient. His creatine serum is 10 and urea is 216. Doctors suggested us for Kidney Transplant or dialysis twice per week. I just wanted to know that what are the pros and cons of this transplantation? Is there any danger to the donor s life? Is donor can live his life as much as normal after donating kidney? what are the precautions we have to take care for both side viz. recipient and donor? -Vikas-
Asked On : Wed, 20 Feb 2013