Chronic insomnia with high levels of adrenaline, high heart rate. What treatment should be taken?

I have a family member that has chronic insomnia accompanied with high levels of adrenaline. Her heart rate is over 110 and she simply cannot relax. The doctor she is seeing has said the two chambers of her heart are beating differently. Doctor after doctor has given her promises of hope that end in frustration and failure. Any ideas on what can be done to lower her adrenaline levels, her heart rate, and bring her the sleep her body needs?
Asked On : Sat, 25 Aug 2012