Chronic gastritis, positive results for pilot test for gastric. Is it curable?

Hi, My wife is suffering from chronic gastric as per the doctor report. She is bit worry that doctor has told her that it may lead to cancer later. So i want to know whether the chronic Gastric is curable desease or not. Is there any medicine to cure this desease. The doctor has done endroscopy and also did pilot test for gastric and the result came as positive. Now i worry whether it is surable or not. please give me suggestion what shall i do to cure this chronic gastric
Asked On : Thu, 23 Aug 2012
She probably has Helicobacter Pylori infection. This is a bacteria that can cause gastritis, lead to gastric and duodenal ulcers, and in the long run lead to gastric cancer. It is easily curable with a regimen of antibiotics (many regimens are available, usually up to a 14 day course of antibiotics is recommended). After therapy erradication of the infection can be checked, and the test that is usually recommended is a stool test (called stool test for helicobacter pylori antigen).
ANtibiotic therapy is not always effective, so if the infection is persistent, then a different regimen of antibiotics can be tried.