Chronic gastric issues. Endoscopy shows mild corpus gastritis. Taking pantop. Suggestions?

I had gastic problem for more than six month. I am very careful about my diet these six month avoiding all oily food etc. since no improvement, got endoscopy done and the results are : OG junction at 38cm,mild Erythema , Duodenum D1 and d2 Normal Impressision Mild corpus gastrities I have been advised to take pantop40 twice perday for 6 weeks. YYYY@YYYY I need yr advice on this
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013
Gastroenterologist 's  Response
Thank you asking HCM
I recommend you to take pantoprazol 40 mg , and you should do exams for H.pylori.
this bacter is one of most common causes of gastritis.
If you are positive you should take antibiotic too.
All the best