Chronic fissure, had pain after being constipated. Advised colonoscopy. Should I go for it?

I have been having fissure onand off for 2 years now.i was travelling last week and had very little water so was contipated .and the fissure was bad.went to see thedoc and she put me on anti biotics for three days and asked me to do colonoscopy .said it is chronic fissure and if I was 24 she would have asked me to go but since I am 48 she wanted me to do I have to do it? The fissure is better after the medicines.
Asked On : Mon, 23 Jul 2012