Chronic ear infection due to use of allergy towards fake earrings. Is there any cure?

Hi Doctor, can i ask you something please? My ear is infected for a long time , i m 17 right now, I think it s because i only can wear gold/white gold/silver but ,when i was like 4 i could were those fake-earrings all the time? will my allergy ever end ?or do i always have to wear golden earrings? Thanks for your help!
Asked On : Mon, 17 Dec 2012
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon 's  Response
People who have allergy to a particular metal would continue exhibiting allergy to it when it is used subsequently. You can abstain from wearing ear rings for a few weeks and then try again wearing those ear rings to which you have allergy to see if it has resolved, otherwise you would need to wear those golden ear rings all the time. Gold is one of the metals which is least allergic so is titanium therefore these are your options.