Hello Manish and thanks for writing in at HCM
I am a jr. to cardiologist and our most of the patient are Diabetic and about 10% are suffering for Dry cough
as explained by you. Firstly we have to check whether sound in the chest or Respiratory sounds
are Whistling or crackles, sputum which might be less is white or yellow, fever
present or not. If sputum is yellow or fever resent than take a antibiotic course by consulting your doctor. Other wise go for conservative treatment.
The precautions and remedies you can take are:
1. Take steam inhalation regularly 3-4 times a day.
2. Avoid cold
water, ice cream, Caffine containing cold drinks and chocolates, oily food and banana.
3. Take extra precautions when seasons or climate changes.
4. can use Inhalers when symptoms are worst.
5. Get regular check up by your doctor at least once a months, and change or reduce or increase your medication.
6. as you undergone angioplasty
and has urine problem you must check your Renal function test.
There is not a sure cure for this problem but by taking proper precautions you can reduce your symptoms and live your life in a better way. Please consult your doctor regularly and floow his advises given to you time to time.
Dr. Dinesh Kumar Bhatia
Health Care Magic