Chronic diabetes, hypoglycaemia, heart failure, fever, suggestions to control blood sugar ?

Hi, My father is 70 years old and has been suffering from diabetes for the past 25 years. Last Tuesday he suffered from hypoglycemia ,and at the hospital also suffered a heart failure , according to echo cardiogram reports. For the past few days he was was also suffering from fever, stomach flu . His heart condition is now much better and stable, but for future course of action, how do we keep his blood glucose levels normal.
Asked On : Wed, 4 Apr 2012