Chronic cough with sharp pain under rib cage. Difficult in breathing. What is the problem?

I was coughing this morning and suddenly inside of my body under my right rib cage I got this really sharp pain. It's uncomfortable now but, really spikes when I cough. I had a chronic cough a week or so ago. Now it is just every so often. But, when I do cough it is really hard and violent. Sometime's I run out of air, then try to breath air in and start choking. My face gets beat red and I start tearing up.
Asked On : Sun, 28 Apr 2013