Chronic cough, crawling sensation and tightness in chest, ticking in throat, aggravates after eating, lying. How can I cure it?

i ve had this cough for 3 years. sometimes there is a crawling sensation in my chest and other times it feels like a tickling at the pit of my throat . Everyday I cough. Somedays I cough more than others. the cough begins dry and becomes productive with clear frothy mucus before the cough attack is over. after the cough attack is over i find myself clearing my throat for the next 20-30 minutes because of drainage. My chest gets tight and sometimes my throat does. there is not certain times that i cough. i cough day and night. alot of times i cough after i eat, when i lay down, when i get hot. often i have to get up and walk out of church 2-3 times during the service to finish my cough. drinking water and letting cool air blow in my face during these attacks seems to help but does not stop the cough.
Asked On : Mon, 23 Jul 2012