Chronic constipation. Done fissure and fistula repair. Abdominal pain, thigh pain. Emergency?

Hi Dr Christensen, I have had chronic constipation for about a decade now. I have had two procedures on my colon/ rectum for A) Fissure repair and B) Fistula Repair (using a seton, which was pulled out prematurely, and never quite healed). As of 36 hours ago, after giving myself a small enema, I felt a pain in my lower left abdomen, which im assuming is pain in my descending colon. I have felt the pain before, when impacted, but now, it has been 36 hours and any gas or solid that moves through is painful...some pain radiating to my left thigh. I bent over, releasing the ab muscles, and felt a small walnut-sized lump in the area of pain. There is no blood in my stool and it does not hurt when I stand up but there is pressure when I sit. Does this sound like something an anti-inflammatory would help, or does it sound like an emergency? Thank you :) Keri
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013