Chronic belching and acid stomach after stopping Synthroid. Has thyroid issue declined?

My husband was put on Synthroid for a pretty severe thyroid problem. We moved, he didn t follow up w/ a new Dr. and stopped the treatment. The last 6 weeks- he has had a marked increase, in what I would now call chronic belching (from a man who never burped) and acid stomach- ?Could this be an indication that his thyroid issue has declined, or most likely non-related. He s taking Zantac daily, and it hasn t alleviated any symptoms, in addition to extreme fatigue , and ? A real change in his general demeanor. But the most obvious issue- is incessant belching.
Asked On : Wed, 14 Nov 2012