Chronic back, leg pain, acute pancreatitis. Prescribed tramadol, neurontin. Pancreatitis due to side effect?

Hi, I have chronic back and leg pain for the last 15 years and during this time have had several episodes of acute pancreatitis..Doctors think that prescribed medication caused these and I am not allowed have a lot of tablets.Today I have been prescribed Tramadol to take as well as my usual medication which is Neurontin.I am worried that Tramadol will cause another episode of Pancreatitis but really need more pain relief.Any advice would be most welcome.Thank You.
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013