Chronic asthma, had severe headache, tongue dryness, uneasiness after taking Synasma for chest infection. Had experienced similar episode in the past. Suggestion?

Hello Doctor, My mom is a chronic asthma patient and uses accuhaler 50/100 and ventorlin. She had a chest infection last week and was prescribed Synasma 400 twice a day. She suffered a severe headache , dryness of tongue , and uneasy feeling all over her head after taking it for two days. It started from her left side of neck and creeped towards head, behind her left ear. She was in acute pain for four hours at night and each time she tried to move her neck towards left, she experianced a vertigo like feeling. It was warm in that place and I tried to put some water (even if she had chest congestion). After few hours it was reduced to normal. We found she had this experiance way back in 2009-10 when she was prescribed synasma 400 for 7 days. We didn t realised that time that it is due the drug and had to admit her to a hospital, because we thought it was a symptom of cerebral irregularity. But obviusly nothing was diagnosed. Recently I was reading some reviews and found that this drug has caused some adverse effects on a few users, and may have some part to play specially on salbutamol users. Please confirm. The headache caused by the drug was reduced in a minute to a certain degree by using a simple ear wax removing drug like ceruklin. Please explain. Is it required to consult ENT specialist? Thanks and Regards
Asked On : Sat, 14 Jul 2012