Chronic acidity, phlegm sticks to the right of throat, aggravates on eating or drinking. What is the cause and remedy?

I have two chronic problems since last 5 years. One is chronic acidity. Second is every time phlegam is stucking in the right side of the throt . Then every time I have to make an effort to remove it. After food and somd liquids and drinking water, it is more. Both these problems harassing my life since it is everytime is there. Some doctors whom I consulted have assumed that the throt problem is due to some allergy , but allergy tablets could not cure the problem. Some specialists in Homeopathy say that the phlemgam is coming in the throt every time due to the Acidity only. I am now confused to whom I contact with to solve the problems. I am really tired of these two problems since last 5 years.
Asked On : Sun, 30 Sep 2012