Chronic OCD, anxiety problems that are worsening day by day. On contraceptive, Microgynon since a long time. Is it due to pill?

Hi there. Please can you help me?. I have been on the contraceptive pill Microgynon 30 for the past 12 years and have had no trouble at all with it. It does its job contraceptive wise and I have never had any pregnancy scares or other menstrual problems. However, I have had OCD for a long time, and have been wondering if the contraceptive pill has anything to do with it? My OCD has worstened and I also have very bad anxiety problems that are most definately getting worse as I get older. It is now to the point where I am concerned for my health and well being as I am becoming increasingly unhappy and stressed because of my OCD/anxiety. It is taking over my day to day life and controlling me. A friend recently mentioned to me that her doctor took her off of Microgynon 30 because she had depression issues. Apparantly she was told that out of all of the different contraceptive pills, Microgynon is the one pill that can effect minds/mental issues??? Is this true? Could Microgynon 30 be making my OCD worse or atleast not helping me overcome it? Should I try a new pill?
Asked On : Sun, 24 Jun 2012