Chronic DVT, severe cramping in lower extremities and abdominal area, groin pain. Cancelled hip surgery, given cortisone injection. Cause?

I was suppose to have surgery on my right hip this past Thursday. I have been on coumadin for the past year due to developing five DVT s in my LLE following my 6th lumbar surgery. I have a history of four previous bouts of DVT s dating back to the first one in 1986 at the age of 16. I have also had two episodes of PE s. I have protein c and protein s deficiences. My left femoral and iliac veins are occluded. I was instructed by my hematologist to discontinue the coumadin five days before surgery so my INR would be within normal range for surgery. Day of surgery my INR was 1.1. At the hospital in pre-op my surgeon was still rather freaked out by my clotting disorder, my guess is he never had a high risk patient before. even though I had been cleared by my hematologist and vascular surgeon my surgeon wanted 2nd, 3rd, and 4th opinions. He called in another hematologist, vascular surgeon, and internist all of whom cleared me and agreed with my hematologist s post op plan. He also ordered a venous duplex to make sure I had no clots in my LRE since that was the side he would be operating on, all was clear. After 8 painstaking hours of laying in the pre-op bed my surgeon cancelled my surgery and instead sent me for a cortisone injection in my right hip. I was sent home after receiving the injection but with no clear plan on coagulation therapy. My hematologist told the surgeon to start me on 1mg of coumadin a day to gradually increase my INR. Problem is I am experiencing left lower extremity cramping, pain in my left groin region, and what I consider severe cramping in my lower abdominal area. These are all symptoms I have exhibited before with my DVT s. I don t know if I am being overly paranoid or if this is something I should be concerned with.
Asked On : Wed, 25 Jul 2012