Cholesterol test done, shows abnormal HDL levels. Family history of heart attack. Cause of worry?

I recently had a cholesterol test which measure in mmol was LDL 2.3, Triglycerides 0.54, and HDL 1.01. My concern with the HDL levels is that nearly all the websites and books that I have referred to over the last 2 weeks either state or strongly suggest that a HDL level below 40mg is a real cause for concern regardless of other cholesterol levels. 1.01 mmol/l = 39.0000 mg/dl. Therefore, is my HDL level unhealthy and if so what action should I take ? Furthermore, my father died of a sudden heart attack at the age of 33. He did not smoke or drink. Was very slim and appeared healthy and went to the gym 5 days per week.
Asked On : Sat, 21 Jul 2012