Cholesterol elevated after stopping eating fish. What is the proper diet? lso, what does HDL and LDL mean?

Just recieved my cholesterol results today and wanted to understand them better it was hdl 90 and ddl 47 Can you explain what the difference is. Several years ago my cholesterol was a total of 108....I ate fish only otherwise was vegan. Seems since Im not eating as I was it has jumped to 137. I remember they told me back then to eat more fish. Was wondering if you could tell me what I need to eat less of...or more of looking at my numbers today. Im a 47 year old woman. Thank you!
Asked On : Sat, 25 Aug 2012