Cholesterol 165 at time of incident HDL 94, LDL 43.Can it cause heart disease?

Hi, in July of 2009 I had a 90% blockage of my LAD (2mm) and stent placed. OK, Doc scratched his head .Here goes 49 y/o-f, x bodybuilder, nerver smoked, not overweight , no BP issues, exercised 5 days a week either walking, biking, weights.Cholesterol 165 at time of incident HDL 94, LDL 43.. Was walking up my driveway after mile walk and got 10 sec of burning in middle of my chest, did not recur for until the next day.. (medical transcriptionist by profession so popped a few aspirin just in case). Next day noted elevated BP, no chest pain or pressure, did not return, but went to the hospital anyway BP up to 170/96. emergency cardiac cath and stent... was discharge from cardiology after one year (still scratching his head) Stress tested great. New lab values great although i was on Plavix and Crestor (wosrt side effects overmuscles aches and malase begged for anything else but refused). New doc gets the records orders up work change to Liptor -- just got my blood work total cholesterol 185, HDL 93, LDL 50, glucose 110.. now ordering cardiac crp and homocystine levels? There is a family history of heart disease in my parents/smoker, diet etc.Second hand smoke a factor? thanks sue
Asked On : Fri, 4 Mar 2011