Choking on saliva, done barium swallow test. Prescribed Nexium. Any suggestions?

Hi, Periodically I feel like I am choking on my own saliva . It happens at very random times, out of nowhere. I have had a barium swallow test done that the dr said was fine. He chalks it up to Acid Reflux-which I def have and prescribed Nexium over a year ago. I still have these episodes though, even though not as often. It is extremely scary because when it happens it feels like my throat closes and it is very hard to draw a breath and stop choking. Any suggestions on what the cause is?
Asked On : Sun, 21 Oct 2012