Welcome to HCM
We understand your concerns
I went through your concerns. Your husband was drinking water and suddenly he started coughing and choking
. As you concluded, it could be water gone through the wrong tube. Often happen with everyone.
But your husband suffered with acute choking / dyspnea
. The quantum of foreign item entered into the wind pipe determines how hard the system works to throw the foreign object out. Till then the system starves for oxygen
. That has what happened with you husband. Ask him to be more careful. For now he should be OK. Still if you want, you can consult a physician for further clarification.
Hope this answers your query. Available for further clarifications.