Choking after drinking a glass of water, water entering lungs

I drank a large glass of water and choked, I feel like some got into my lungs. What should I do?
Asked On : Fri, 24 Feb 2012
hello welcome to healthcare magic, in general the lungs have mechanisms that allow to clear themselves unless you have another condition that impacts on your lungs which effects these protective mechanisms. If you find you are still having symptoms you can try controlled coughing which is from deep in your lungs otherwise it wil clear itself.