Choked on rubber. Can feel obstruction in throat when talking or swallowing. What do I do?

earlier i was chewing on a piece of rubber from my laptop screen, i started laughing at my brother and as i laughed i choked. i coughed alot to get it out of my throat , but couldn t cause it was already in the process of swallowing it. i can breathe fine, but when i talk or swallow i still feel it in my throat. but i have eaten spaghetti & drank coffee since then. and i swallowed it all fine. but its still in my throat, what do i do?
Asked On : Fri, 9 Nov 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
That piece might have gone down but you should see an ent specialist and get done a Flexible fiberoptic nasopharyngolaryngoscopy.
To see for the piece of rubber whether it is still there upto the level of vocal cords or not .
If you do not have difficulty in respiration then thats the good part.
But try not to get late and see a doctor as soon as possible and get examined.
in doubt do reply