Choked on food and swallowed plum seed. Have my vocal cords damaged? Have I an ear infection?

I m 24 and 3 years ago i choked on a food, accidentally swallowed a plum seed with a click sound on the way down. Immediate X-rays showed the throat was normal. But the lodged globus feeling is still there to this day to the right side of my vocal chord. Since that day s fiasco, I had been having pharyngitis once every year. The tendency of swallowing twice and even thrice was always there, where I d feel that the lump s moving. The ENT was insistent that it was all in my mind and it drove me nuts because i could swear something was there. Strangely, 2 weeks ago i got his weird fever which didn t show any flu-like symptoms, such as cold, or coughs, but a mild pharyngitis. So the ENT, thankfully, made me do a Laryngoscopy , a TSH and CBC test, and an ultra sonogram of my entire throat. The reports came normal again. However, two days later i found out that I am infected with Hepatitis-a and hence the fever. The ENT diagnosis was stalled hence. But now with the routine resting period, i have got too much time to ponder over my throat discomfort for my liking, and the lump feeling has grown on me. The throat s mostly never felt relaxed over the last three years, apart from a few times where for a very very brief moment the lump dissappeared. It s gets worse as the day progresses, and gets me freaked out at night. The glands under my chin are giving me occassional sharp pains and also behind my right ear. There s also some pain behind my right hyoid bone . Furthermore, at times, my neck above the right shoulder blade, closer to the spine , gives off a pinchy throbs. The spine in my neck hurts as well. I stopped smoking about a month ago in the hopes of making it go away. But my throat feels really irritated right now and i need to know what s causing this. Meawhile, I at times wake up from sleep with a dead arm and I do have a little bit of anxiety, I mean come on... it s only natural. I ve told you everything because I don t want to leave out any details should they prove to be important knowledge. Could be because my vocal cord nerves got damaged when i choked? Or do i have an ear infection as well as an anxiety related spasm? Or is it much more serious than that? would really appreciate your reply. Sam
Asked On : Wed, 29 Aug 2012