Chlamydia treated, constant lower abdominal pain,reports showed PID, negative chlamydia. Diagnosis correct?

Hi, I had chlamydia 5 years ago which was treated. The last few months I ve had right lower abdominal pain dull in nature, worse during ovulation and menstruation . I went to see my GP about this as was concerned re: PID who sent repeat swabs for Chlamydia and a smear tests and said that if they all came back OK that I was safe to try for a baby. They are all normal and I don t have chlamydia. Does this seem correct advice? Also am I likely to develop PID 5 years after infection with chlamydia?
Asked On : Sun, 12 Aug 2012