Chipped my tooth, noticed a bump on the gum above the next tooth over. Could be a gum boil ?

Hi, I chipped my tooth last week and the next day I was looking at it and noticed a bump on the gum above the next tooth over. I thought it was a canker sore. I went to the dentist to have my tooth fixed and he x-rayed it and the surrounding teeth(including one with bump) he said nothing of the bump. My chipped tooth was fixed with no problem. Now I was online and my bump looks suspiciously like a gum boil but wouldn t my dentist have noticed if the tooth had died?
Asked On : Thu, 28 Feb 2013