Chills, hot flashes, flu like symptoms after c section. Prescribed antibiotics. Cause?

I'm 8 days after a c section and I started to develop chills,hot flashes and flu like symptoms. I went to the doctor and he prescribed antibiotics because of a possible mastitis. It has been days after I took the antibiotics and I still have the chills and hot flashes with no fever. My doctor didn't order a blood test. Today I feel a little better but still experiencing fatigue and some periods of fast hear beat. What could I possible have?
Asked On : Wed, 9 Oct 2013