Chilled feeling in spine, not painful, jerking

Hi - I am having strange sensations between my shoulders. It feels like I ve eaten something sour and a sharp chill goes down my spine . It s not painful but very annoying and catches me off guard every time. It happens about 4 times an hour and has lasted about 5 days. It affects the left side a little more and it makes me jerk - just like a sour lemon. I can t get an appointment because of the holidays but its driving me crazy.
Asked On : Fri, 23 Nov 2012
Anesthesiologist 's  Response
your symptoms of some thing sour and sharp chill going down the spine and between the shoulder blades probably sugessts you may be having cervical disc problem especially at C6/C7 region this sugessts that your posterior spinal coloum and spinothalamic tract arebeing compressed when ever you move or bend the neck area. do you neck pain and associated weakness of the upper limbs/ radiating pain along the hands? you may intially need x-ray cervical spine AP and LATERAL views and if any thing abnormal in it, you may need MRI cervical spine for further evaluation. mean while a advice to you is to wear a cervical collar, and take rejunex plus tablets once a day for atleast one week.