Child's lips turning dark. Had foetal distress upon birth. Worried

i am african, and have a month old baby boy, born through caesarian birth and who had foetal distress upon birth and had to be placed on oxgyen for 2 days. his lips have been perfectly pink but last week have started turning darkish. the doctor says its ok since we are african, but, i am not convinced. His feeding is fine, no fever , had added weight well (from 3kgs to 4.5 currently). I am kinda worrried about the lips. Pls advice.
Asked On : Mon, 11 Mar 2013