Child's knee hurts to bend, popping feeling, applied ice, taken ibuprofen

My 12 year old is complaining her knee hurts to bend. If u push on her knee cap at the top down it makes a popping feel. She has had it wrapped the last couple of days not overly tight but enough to immobilize the knee and this morning her lower leg and foot was visibly swollen. I have had her ice and take ibuprofen and elevate. She can not remember doing anything that may have hurt the knee. It started bothering her 2 days ago.
Asked On : Mon, 8 Oct 2012