Child's heart sporadically beats extremely hard and fast when relaxing, gets tired easily. Cause?

My daughter is five years old. The past few months, her heart sporadically beats extremely hard and fast. I can feel it hitting my hand when I touch her chest and it beats so fast, I can t even count the beats. It even happens when she s sitting and relaxing. Lately she s been getting tired easily, but she s also very active. What could be causing this and how serious do you think it is? She has a doctor s appointment in two weeks.
Asked On : Tue, 30 Oct 2012