Child's eye burnt by hot oil. Diagnosed as corneal abrasion. Worried

Hi, My 4 yr old son got burnt in the eye with hot oil droplet while i was cooking. I immediately splashed it with cold water and took him to ER. The doctor said its Corneal Abrasion- Thermal injury, and did oil padding. Its been around 5 hours now. I am just scared it might to do damage to his vision . I hope it will be alright. Pls suggest what i should do and what questions i must ask my opthalmologist to ensure my son s eye will be alright. Your input will be highly appreciated. Thanks
Asked On : Tue, 22 Jan 2013