Child's back extending when picked up. Concerned

Hi there Just a quick question about my daughter she is 16 + 3 she was born at 37week at 4lb 4oz suspected IGUR she is now 7lb 14oz so still tiny she seems to be hyper extending all the time whenever u pick her up her back seems to arch I m starting to get a little concerned. If u could give me some advice of much appreciate it. Kind regards Kymberley saxton
Asked On : Wed, 7 Nov 2012
Hi Kymberley,

Primitive reflexes in premature newborns can continue for a longer period of time and what you are describing seems to be a part of it. I suggest you discuss this issue with your pediatrician who shall examine your daughter and guide you further. If the child is developmentally normal in other spheres then this should pass out in the next few days.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.