Children treated for tonsillitis, fever. Symptoms reappeared. How to get rid of it?

I have 4 children who have had tonsilitis with a temperature on and off for 6 weeks now. Each child has got better then got ill again with a temperature and sore throat days/weeks later. When they had tonsilitis they had very swollen tonsils with white spots, now 2 of them have temperatures again but with more orangey spots/marks on their tonsils. 1 of my children got gingivitis due to the tonsilitis but after 5 days of antibiotics got a temperature again 2 days later for another 2 days. 2 of my children have had a temperature and sore throat on 3 different occasions spread over this 6 week period. Is there anything a doctor can do to treat them all as they just can t seem to get rid of whatever it is they have.
Asked On : Sat, 24 Nov 2012