Children having body rash and salmonella after swimming in lake. Is rash a symptom of salmonella?

After swimming in the lake for 2 days 3 of the grandbabies came down with a rash over their bodies. We related this to swimmers rash or duck itch , it has been 7 days days and the rash is drying up, however there are still a few fresh spots. The 4th grandchild became sick 2 days after being in the lake, No rash..his symptoms were Diarehea, fever and severe cramps . After numerous visits to the dr, they did a stool test and found that he had Salmonella . (The camp we rented on the lake was a Duck guides camp, I noticed him using a real (dead) duck to train his dog in the swim area) Question 1 = could the Rash be symptom of Salmonella? Question 2= in your opinion could the Salmonella be caused from swimming in the water, the kids are small and most diffently ingested the water. Thank you for your time.
Asked On : Fri, 6 Jul 2012