Child with vomiting and fatigue in the mornings. What is wrong?

My son is 5 now. In the past 9 months atleast 7-8 times he has woken up in the morning vomiting clear liquid and is lethargic and thirst there is no fever . Any water or food he tries to get down he vomits with in a few mins. He will vomit a few time with in a couple of hours and then will be perfectly fine the rest of the day. The next morning when he wakes up he is lethargic again but no vomiting and no fever. He is still wanting to drink and eat but has no energy and goes back to sleep for a few hours. Once he wakes up he is perfectly fine again. The episodes have been several weeks apart.
Asked On : Fri, 5 Apr 2013