Child with vomit, fever and Diarrhoea, developed lower right abdomen pain and cold. Is it Appendicitis?

My 6 year old son has had diarrhea for 9 days now. He had vomited twice on day 2 but since then only diarrhea, fever ranging from 100.4 -102.6 . He has no appetite and just lays around. He was seen in ER on day 5 and given fluids and sent home. This morning he started complaining of abdominal pain on the lower right side and complains of being very cold even though it s not ( we live in Arizona). Pediatrician can t see him until Tuesday. My question is, can appendicitis take this long to develope? What tests should I ask them to do?
Asked On : Tue, 12 Mar 2013