Child with vein on bridge of nose visible, got the same on forehead. Should i be concerned?

My son is 8 1/2 months old and just started teething last week. He s always had the vein on the bridge of his nose visable, but in the last couple of days the veins on the forehead and temple (both sides) have become very prominent. He s been putting his hand up to his ear more making me think he might have an ear infection . He s kept to his normal feeding, sleeping and playing schedule and seems to be in good spirits. We have a check up scheduled for the 18th, but I was concerned by the sudden visabilty of the veins on his head.
Asked On : Sat, 9 Mar 2013