Child with unsurity of toilet. What are treatment options?

I have a 5 year old who seems unsure when she needs the toilet. She wets her pants and soils ( partially) them but seems unaware she is wet. We have tried all usual ways, rewards charts, praise and even scolding her but to no avail. I fear it has gone on so long now she doesn t know when she needs to go at all, she is very concerned about missing out on whatever she is doing? I don t know what to do next. She goes to school in the summer and am afraid she will still do this then. It has only been more recently she has starting soiling??? I have just toilet trained my 2 year old successfully, I thought this would help her but no???
Asked On : Sat, 2 Mar 2013
Hi ,
Thank you for your query.
I hope she was not on diapers after the age of one.
This is a common cause of concern in babies on diapers.
They are unable to express themselves because they were comfortable in wetting themselves in diapers.
If that is not the case this is a case of pervasive disorder....consult a psychologist.
Consult your doctor if the problem persists.
If you have any further queries you are free to consult me.
Hope this answers your query.
Wishing a speedy recovery.
Have a nice day.