Child with typical bladder infection, high fever and pain while urinating. UTI negative. Cause for this symptoms?

My 3 year old son Liam was referred to emergency room after walkin dr felt my son looked to sick to just have a typical bladder infection . High fever, pale, lethargic couldnt focus, complained of pain in back and then in belly button, pain urinating 2. Urine showed white cells and something else. . He had xray and ultrasounds that showed lymph nodes and tender right side abdomen but didn t confirm appendix or exclude really anything. He was prescribed 2 antibiotics as they suspected UTI and has been taking them since thursday and was waiting for Paedeatric Nephrology appt. Now I called cause they were taking too long to call back for followup and they said he is negative for UTI and was put in the 3 mos followup pile. SO Do I continue antibiotics until appt on Wednesday?Even Pharmacist said it was alot of medication for a little boy (Amox and Sulphameth at same time) If no UTI then what could it be?
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013