Child with tubes in ear accidentally jammed qtip in ear, had bleeding. Emergency?

My 2 year old just stole a qtip, when I went to get it, he turned away- falling, and jammed it in his ear. There was blood in the qtip and coming out of his ear. He cried for about 5-10 minutes. Hes sleeping now. He also has tubes in his ears (they were placed sept. 2011). Do you think we should go to the er or just follow up with his dr tomorrow?
Asked On : Wed, 31 Oct 2012
Pediatrician, Critical Care 's  Response
Dear Michele

Is the blood still coming out?

I would advise to get him checked over in ER. ER doctor will need to look inside his ear for continued bleeding/displacement of tubes.