Child with swollen lump on breast, dark nipples, suspicion of abscess. What could be the cause?

Hi, my 6 year old son has a lump at his left breast the area around it is swollen and it is sour when I touch it, the color of his nipple is darker then the other side .Yesterday I took him to the hospital as soon as I discovered it they told me it can be a cyst or an abscess .He got an Antibiotic treatment and I should take him next week to our GP, but I am so worried I can t understand why he got this and they didn t do any ultrasound at the hospital.
Asked On : Mon, 30 Jul 2012