Child with swollen eyes, urine tests showed protein, diagnosed as nephrotic syndrome. Is it temporary or permanent?

Hello Doctor, My baby is 4 yrs old and she is seen with swelling eyes for the past 4 weeks.. we consulted a nearby pediatrician .. He advised us to test her urine for protein loss.. Initial test indicated Trace and then 1+ and now its showing 2+ protein level.. Doctors confirmed its Nephrotic Syndrome . We are now advised to take steroids for 6 weeks.. My question is Is Nephrotic syndrome temporary or permanent?
Asked On : Thu, 9 Aug 2012