Child with swollen eyes, intermittent fever. What could be causing this?

My four year old has had very swollen eyes for about a week now. Sunday she woke up with a 102.8F fever , Monday the fever was gone, Tuesday the fever was back at 100F, Wednesday the fever was gone again, and Thursday (today), she woke up in the morning fine and then woke up from her nap with a 102.6F fever. I took her to the doc on Saturday and again Wednesday (yesterday). I have been told both times her swollen eyes were from allergies and the fever just from a virus. I called the Doctor since her fever was back again and fairly high and she is out of the office all afternoon. Do I need to take her to the ER or just give her Tylenol and a cool rag on her head and hope it s gone again tomorrow. Something has got to be causing this right??
Asked On : Mon, 20 Aug 2012